Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life Change and New Career


Three days left at La-Z-Boy and I am feeling a little bittersweet. It has been a long a tedious three and half years filled with ups and downs. The joys are what I will bring with me and the rest I will leave behind. I have learned a great deal from my time but it is time to part ways.
Am I going in the right direction? Who knows. All I can do is try my best and roll with the punches. Of course I am filled with anxiety as I start out in a new direction, a field I know very little about, in a position I have never worked before. It will be a learning curve but it is worth it.
For the past 5 years I have been working a retail based schedule. Some people work this schedule all there lives and I commend them for their ability to handle it. The retail life is not for me though. It takes a lot of time away from family and friends and the strain on myself especially has been overwhelming and no longer tolerable. I value my time with my family and my new husband and the world I was working in before did not mesh with those values.
Now I will be working a 8-5 Monday thru Friday job that allows me to come home at a reasonable time at night, have weekends off and celebrate holidays with my family. It is not in my field but there are sacrifices we have to make to obtain the desired lifestyle we want. 
Now that I will not be tied to a company where I could not work on design project outside of my work you will be hearing more from me. I cannot give up design which leaves this blog as my main outlet for the time being. That being said, I would like to thank all of my readers for your patronage to my blog, and I hope you will continue to read and follow. I hope I can keep you interested and help you learn something new about the world of design.

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: