Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I paid $50 to fill up my car


As many of you may be feeling the pain at the gas pump, I found myself to be as well. Just Saturday on my way home from work I stopped to fill up my gas tank as it was on E and paid $3.99 /gallon. I don't know what to say really. It literally hurts when I have to spend that much to get from here to there.

Luckily I don't have far to drive for work and can stretch my tank out pretty far. My car gets pretty bad gas mileage so we tend to take my boyfriends car when we drive anywhere of great distance. I would take the bus to work but there is no bus stop on my street or near my street. I live in a small township so there are no sidewalks and very few bus stops.

I would ride my bike if it was practical. I have to dress up for work and would work up quite a sweat riding to work. And frankly my bike sucks and I can't afford to buy a new one. (DO NOT go to Toys R US if you plan on actually using the bike you buy. It may be cheap, but it is cheap.)

I wish I could work support myself on my crocheting and photography. Working from home would be ideal! Thats my ultimate goal. I also have a degree in Interior Design and would love to do that as well from home. Unfortunately the economy is not the greatest for design firms and starting one right now is risky business.

If things do get better for me I will pursue these goals more vigorously. Right now is about saving money and surviving. With gas going up to potentially $9 / gallon, things are going to get tough. Its about making it through and being positive.

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: