Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Forgotten Projects


All crafters have them. Those projects that for some reason or another they have "forgotten" to finish. The excuses lists from not having the right supplies to just being tired of that particular project.

I am extremely guilty. I have quite a few projects that have been put on the back burner. The other day I was looking at all the unfinished items and realized that these items were not only for myself or to sell on my site but there were items I had promised to people. That is horrible.

One Example: I promised my grandmother a purse about a year ago and have yet to finish it. My excuses range from not having time to not liking the yarn I choose to the skeins not matching. This is my grandmother for goodness sakes! The more I think about it the worse I feel.

What I am going to do about these forgotten projects?:

I have decided to make a list of what the projects are, who they are for and list them in order of importance. My next day off is Friday. By then I hope to gone through all my projects and organize them. I will be making a list and as a way to keep on top of these projects I will be posting that list here, on my blog, on Friday.

I hope by involving my readers in this process that I can help other crafters organize there projects. Following my process may teach you something of what to do or what not to do. Please feel free to leave some comments about how I am doing and suggestions to help me through each step.

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: