Friday, August 19, 2011

The Handmande Home

The handmade world has been booming over the past couple years. Sites like Etsy and art fire have aided the regrowth of the crafting community. I too joined in to this trend and it has become a lifestyle for me as well as many others across the world.

I started selling crocheted items on Etsy in college. I was hoping to capitalize on my talent and earn a little income. Unfortunately for me that was not the case. Over the past few years I have been trying to make a business out of a hobby. And the more I have read about online business success it lead me to realize that my hobby was not my biggest passion.

Knowing that I did some sole searching.

What am I passionate about? The answer was right in front of me. My profession is Interior Design. I love it. Although it can be hard work, it pays off in the end when you make someone's house a home. The biggest problem I have is that am not working for the right company. Although I have learned a lot from my position at La-Z-Boy and I do enjoy my design work, I have not been happy.

So what would make me happy? Working for myself, being my own boss. I didn't want to just be a designer, I wanted to include my love for the handmade world. What better way to involve handmade and design but to dedicate my blog to helping others design their handmade home.

Follow my blog and you will learn about handmade artists, do it yourself craft projects, interior design advise and much more! You can also find me on. Twitter and Facebook.

Have a nice day!

Alison Nieman
Interior Designer

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: