Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where’s The Green?! Why you need plants in your home.

House plants can be overwhelming to some people because of the amount of care that can go into taking care of them. House plants don’t have to be overwhelming and can be accessible to those that lake a green thumb. How you ask?

Not all house plants have to be real. Fake plants or a term I prefer: permanent botanicals, are a great way to add life to your space without having to devote a ton of time. There are a wide range of different plant species available in permanent form.

Individual pricks of flowers can be found at craft stores such as Michael's and Jo-Ann Fabrics. You can pick and choose for a personalized bouquet, that will last for a long long time. I have found that the best time to purchase these are at the end of the seasons when they are making room for new items. This gives you the best deal! I also find that when I pack it away with my season items I often forget that I bought it and it’s a wonderful surprise.

So what if your not even sure that you can put together a bouquet yourself. Don’t worry! Many places sell permanent botanicals pre-arranged. You can choose from flowered plants to evergreen evergreens.

I bet you may not have noticed that when you were last in a furniture store that there were permanent botanicals everywhere! Did you know that they were for sale too? At my La-z-Boy store I have tons of arrangements that are at some great prices. Not many people come in to La-Z-Boy just for plants but they may be missing on a great deal they never knew existed.

Come and see me at the La-Z-Boy in Montrose and I will help you add some green and life to your space!

Have a wonderful day!
Alison

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: