Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time to be Realistic


This year I would like to do things different than the past couple years. Instead of just talking about making goals for the new year I am actually going to write them down.

After being let go from my last job I have done a lot of think about what makes me happy and what does not. I am happy when I am creating, I am happy when I am selling, I am happy when I am organizing. I am not happy when I am bored, I am not happy being someones work horse and I am not happy in a office all day.

Being aware of these things is helping me learn who I am and what I want to do for a living. As I enter the new year I am unemployed. I am searching for someways to pay the bills. I want to be happy in what I am doing but I do not want to be unemployed forever trying to find that. This is why I have done quite a bit of thinking.

I have come to he conclusion that I would be happiest owning my own business, being my own boss. This is not something that I can do right now. I cannot jump right into this, it will take time for me to get organized and to write a proper business plan.

I think my biggest problem was that I wanted everything right now. I wanted the perfect job, the perfect schedule, the perfect pay. That is not practical, at all. Now I know these things will take time. I know that I have to stick with it and I have to keep confident in what I am doing.

In the next couple of posts I will outline my business goals and my personal goals. I would like to actually make a calendar for the whole year of my sales and promotions so that I can be as organized as possible. The key this year is organization and follow through.

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: