Sunday, December 21, 2008

It Has Been a Long Year


Over the past year and couple months a lot has happened in my life. Last August I graduated college, moved to Akron and started working at Dillard's. During my time at Dillard's I was searching for a better job with more money and /or possible in my field, interior design.

Along the way I had interviews with furniture stores like Ethan Allen, Arhaus and Value City but I did not have enough sales experience for them despite my training in design. I had an interview and was actually hired by an architect part time, but two days later he called me to let me know he had thought about it and decided he couldn't hire me because of money. He did not want to hire me and then have to let me go a month or two later because he could not afford me anymore.

My last opportunity was when I was offered a job as an administrative assistant at The Ohio College of Massotherapy. I had not had much experience in this position but I thought I could learn, as I consider myself a fast learner. Unfortunately my boss did not. After 30 days he decided to let me go. It came as a big shock to me. I thought I was starting to get a hang of things and that with 60 more day left in my probational period I could be very good at this job. But sadly i didn't get that chance.

So now I have some time on my hands. I have been wanting to work more on my crocheting but I cannot support myself on crocheting alone. I wish I could but this economy does not bode well for starting a business.

It is weird knowing that tomorrow is Monday and I will not be going to work nor will I be working the next day or the day after. I will have more time to get my Christmas presents wrapped and more time to spend with my family. I am thankful that I will have them this season but it is hard with the timing. If he had waited a couple weeks I could have at least started looking for a job when people are hiring. No one seems to be concentrating on hiring right now especially the week of Christmas. So now it is a waiting game until after the Holidays and everything gets back to business as usual.

Well I hope I have not completely ruined your holiday mood, but I needed to get some of this off my chest and blogging is a great way for me to do so.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holidays and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: