Monday, July 7, 2014

New Budget

This month I will trying out a new plan for my husband and my grocery budget. I have been trying to cut our grocery bill for a while and did great for a while on coupons but have found that I am lacking success lately. Or at least the success that I need to achieve to make my time cutting and organizing coupons worth it.

I was reading an article from my LearnVest email digest that showcased a couple different peoples' real budgets and one of them stuck with me. A young couple around the ages of my husband and myself spent around 100$ a week on groceries by planning out their menus each week. Right now I can spend up to $300-$400 a month on groceries, and our budget just cannot take it any more. So I am going to give this method a try.

Seeing as my grocery budget is the same as this couple, I am going to shoot for around $50 a week. I know its an ambitious cut, but I think it's manageable. Today is going to be my first trip and I plan on making sure I have what I need in my house for the next week of meals.

I think the most challenging part will be keeping my husband and myself to the meal plan we create at the beginning of the week. We have a tendency to do the impromptu dinner out.

I plan on keeping everyone posted as to how it goes. So wish us luck!

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: