Thursday, December 27, 2012

Afghan for Grandpa

At the Avante-garde Art and Craft Show, my husband's grandmother ordered an afghan for his grandfather for Christmas. I wanted to wait until after Christmas to post the pictures of the final project.



This is one of my favorite patterns to do and is a widely used pattern as well; Granny Square. Although the pattern is used a lot, the real artistry is in the color coordination, thats where you can play around and use your imagination.

I love to keep my afghans simple in color and pattern. It is one thing that makes my designs, my designs.

If you would like to custom order an afghan, no two are exactly alike. I can use the same colors as this afghan but the pattern and the square placement will be different. Yet another thing that makes my designs, my designs.

I wanted to explain this so you know what you are getting when you purchase one of my creations, they are original and a work of handmade art.



Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
-Alison


No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: