Saturday, November 3, 2012

Next Years Garden

This year I didn't get much done in the garden so I have devised a plan to get motivated for next year. I purchased a rain barrel and composter on sale from the Home Depot to get the garden started. Unfortunately its too late in the season to install the rain barrel but the composter has been assembled and has started the composting journey. I'm not expecting it to have a ton of soil by next spring but you have to start somewhere.

I have also been loading up my pinterest Garden Board with ideas of what I would like the finished garden to resemble. Of course many of the ideas will not take shape for a couple years so I have decided to make a list of importance.

The number one thing on the list for next spring/summer is a vegetable garden.I'm not expecting it to be the greatest, but i would like to get one started that has at least the basics: tomatoes, carrots, peppers, and maybe a cabbage or two. Eventually it will grow into a large endeavor where going to the grocery store is a slim occasion.

Hopefully one day it will look like this:

No comments:

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: