Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wedding Shoes and Temptations of Orange Yellow and Blue

My sister is getting married this December and I am her maid of honor. I have a fitting for my dress next week so I needed to get a pair of shoes for them to know the dress length. Thankfully my mom is paying for the dress and shoes since I am strapped for cash at this point in my life. Since I had today off this was my only chance to go shopping before the fitting.

I tried to convince my sister that black shoes would be fine, that way I could wear a pair I already had, a pair that I have only worn once before for my fiance’s mom’s wedding. But no, she really wanted us to have silver shoes. Which is fine I guess, I shouldn’t turn down a chance to buy shoes especially when I don’t have to pay for them!

So today while walking through the mall, it hit me as to what I have gotten myself into. I walked past window after window of new fall fashion and my heart sank. I don’t think it really occurred to me how much I loved fashion. I think I love it more than design. The worst was the New York and Company window, with its bright oranges, yellows, blues and reds. The mix of sweaters and leggings and scarves. Oh sigh.

Successfully, I made it through the whole mall not buying anything! I ended up finding a pair of strappy silver shoes at DSW and was then able to head home.

I think I may have to avoid the malls though from now on. It is way too tempting.

Have a Wonderful Day!
Ali

For more information click here!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wish I could have given you the silver shoes I wore once this past July for my son's wedding. They were comfy and only cost me $15 at Payless.

Archive

Please keep this blog going by placing your ad here: